CONSIDER CHRIST

BEULAH LAND- Piano, West Coast Baptist College

Friday, July 18, 2008

Break Up The Fallow Ground

"Sow yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you." -Hosea 10:12
"The news came to Jesus,
Please come fast,
Lazarus is sick, and without your help
he will not last.
Mary and Martha watched their brother die,
they waited for Jesus, but he did not come
and they wondered why.
The deathwatch was over,
Buried four days,
Somebody said, He'll soon be here,
The Lord's On His Way.
Martha ran to him,
and then she cried,
Lord if you had been here you could have healed him
he'd still be alive!
But you're four days late,
and all hope is gone.
Lord we dont understand why you've waited so long
But his way is God's way
its not yours or mine
and isnt it great
when he's four days late-he's still on time!
Jesus said Martha, Show me the grave.
But she said, Lord, you don't understand, he's been there four days...
The gravestone was rolled back,
Then Jesus cried, LAZARUS come forth,
then somebody said, HE'S ALIVE...
He's alive!
You may be fighting,
a battle of fear...
you've cried to the Lord I Need You Now
but he has not appeared.
Don't be discouraged
Because he's still the same
He'll soon be here,
He'll roll back the stone,
and call out your name!
When he's four days late,
and all hope is gone,
Lord we dont understand
why you've waited so long!
But His way is God's way,
its not yours or mine
And isn't it great, when he's four days late
he's still on time!"
-"He's Still on Time", by Winess (a tour group from Heartland Bible Baptist College)
The Lord has been teaching me so much lately. This summer has been incredibly busy with work, preperations for college, and just life in general! Today is friday, my one day off of work- PRAISE THE LORD! But as I sit here, listening to the song I have shared with you, and meditating on Hosea 10:12, I keep thinking about school and how the devil keeps trying to fight against the Lord's will in my life.
I have signed a contract with the Lord, willing to surrender to his will- but on that contract there is nothing written, merely my name written in Christ's blood...a contract to follow Him wherever he leads. That means going to Bible college, and surrendering to the Mission field. That means the devil will fight hard. And he IS fighting hard! The accursed, terrible Satan has been fighting me so hard by telling me things that make me doubt my decisions to follow and please the Lord. A few weeks pass, Satan had fought me, telling me my salvation was not real. However, the Lord has continually been there, comforting me and guiding me still.
A verse came to mind yesterday while I was talking to Jesus- 2 Timothhy 1:7, which says:
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
The Lord does not want me to fear. He will cast Satan far from me. He has allowed tribulation to come unto me to strengthen my faith and to get my attention and focus back on HIM! Through it all, I choose to serve the Saviour! When I draw nigh unto God, he will draw nigh unto me! Through it all, I have been reminded of how wonderful Christ is, and why I am doing what I am doing for him. At first I was planning on getting a degree in education and teaching at a christian school here- but the Lord has shown me it is against his will for me to do that- HE HAS CALLED ME TO THE FIELD OF LOST SOULS, I must not abandon his calling for a mediocre job.
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his porpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also Justified: and whom he justified, them also glorified. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature shall be able to seperate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:28-30- 35
The Lord is faithful! Who shall seperate us from his love?! He has called, justified, and glorified!
PRAISE HIS NAME FOREVER!!!

No comments: