CONSIDER CHRIST

BEULAH LAND- Piano, West Coast Baptist College

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Staying on the Alter...a Living Sacrifice.



"But I bought that gum! Why should I have to share it, it's mine I bought it!!!" My little sister wailed. Now, as any adult or teenager could configure, if someone buys something, they now own it and every bit of that item belongs to them.

The dark haired five year old smacked her gum furiously as she glared at her older brother. I laughed at both of them and told my sister to share her gum.

"But it's mine! I bought it with my very own dollar!" She yelled.
"Alright," I sighed. Finally realizing that I could no longer have influence on this situation. After all, she had bought it. Of course it was hers!

Without even realizing it at the moment, Evangalina (my sister) taught me a valuable lesson in life. If I profess to be saved, and to have been bought by Christ's blood and have my name written in the book of life, is it not then, reasonable to understand that because I have been bought by His blood, I now belong to Christ?

Is it not perfectly logical to assume that if the Lord has bought me, and I have sold myself, that I am no longer to live unto myself, but unto Christ's perfect will for my life?

Now, I am sure every christian has heard the term "Live for God," but my question is, have we, as Christians, fully surrendered our very lives to God? Sure we may admit that we try to Live for Christ, but have we truly offered ourselves to him?

Romans 12:1-2 says:
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

A living sacrifice. Eh, thats not to hard! just climb on the alter and you're good to go!

Wait...did the Lord say...Living....sacrifice? No way! A living sacrifice can climb off the alter! What was he thinking?

Exactly.

So my question to you is...are you on the alter? Perhaps you need to climb onto the alter for the first time, or maybe you just need to get back on, after being off for a very long time.

"When Christ calls a man, He bids him come and die."
-
Bonhoeffer, Dietrich


Can you hear Him?



In Christ Alone,
Rebecca L. S.




No comments: